Archive for March 17th, 2012
Ask anyone who is on weight losing plan what they do to lose weight and you will get the same answer, dieting. Dieting is becoming an obsession to people who want to lose because not only is it a pleasure as they like the daily routine of eating enough portions of food but an easy measure of losing weight. A good dieting habit will help you shed off excess fat and maintain a good physique that will turn every ones neck and be talk of the town and make your colleagues envious.
There are people who have been on a dieting spree for a very long time but end up losing no weight, these people either become disillusioned or have a misconception that all these dieting plans advertised by nutritionists are a scam. We can’t blame these kinds of people since they are very little knowledge of having and maintaining a good dieting plan plus they lack a good understanding of their bodies. You need to understand your body (metabolism) so that you come up with a plan that will be effective for you. Here are the many reasons why our weight loss strategies don’t work:
- A lot of people tend to eat anything and everything that they come across even when on diet therefore making them lose tremendous progress that they had gained. For instance, when on a diet of cutting on the intake of calories you will find them taking cookies or noodles for breakfast. there are also people who start a practice of controlling their craving and urge for certain foods but when they stop dieting the “ghost” for craving returns back to them making them go back to the foods that made them gain a lot of weight.
- Eating copious amounts of meat and fast foods, these foods are heavily loaded with fats leading to them gaining excess weight.
- Some people dislike vegetables claiming that they have an awful taste, these people eat only meat and other fast foods hence gain a lot of fats. They should acquire good techniques of cooking vegetables like using olive oil and spices to make their vegetables delicious and help them in losing weight and also provide alternative source of proteins like beans and soybeans.
- Some people drink a lot of beer and soda instead of natural fruit juice or water, this is the reason why these people’s pant lines continue growing big since these fizzy drinks contain a lot of sugars that pile up a lot of calories that are not digested hence stored as excess fats. Water helps in hydrating the body, eliminates toxic wastes in the body and suppresses appetite especially if taken before meals hence make us consume only the right amounts of food. Taking water and natural fruit drinks is a proper dieting habit.
- Our lifestyles. Some people purchase only cooked foods since they have no time to cook. This is not a proper dieting habit since over processed and preserved foods are very rich in calories leading to excessive disposal of fats in our organs and skin.
Being acquainted and updated with the meal plans for weight loss is the best and simplest way of keeping your weight in check and the doctor at bay. In case you have been keen enough you have noticed that cases of obesity are spectacularly reducing and becoming a rare case thanks to the intensive campaign and awareness on weight loss good and clever chefs around the world that prepare food with the best methods.
Being a good chef doesn’t mean jut preparing the tastiest food but preparing the most delicious and healthiest food. Food preparation methods like deep frying are now being substituted to methods like grilling and olive oil is used in place of butter or solid oils in cooking. These chefs also remove visible fat from steak before cooking it, some even go miles reducing the amount of bread in burgers and meat breads so as to reduce the amount of calories that you take in. sometimes you take a healthy meal but the salad’s dressing may carry a lot of fats affecting your diet plan, nowadays yoghurt is used to dress salads or as seasoning to drastically reduce the amounts of fat that we take in.
The best and effective way of having meal plans for reducing weight begins in the kitchen. This is because this is the source of foods that we take in, it’s recommended that you cook more of natural foods and also keep of fast food restaurants so that you lose weight fast and easily. A lot of people have a good weight reduction plan, diet timetable with a workout plan but find it very hard to lose weight since they are consuming fast foods that give them excess calories and fats. The different lifestyles that we are living have greatly impacted our eating, this is because most of us don’t have the time to prepare foods in their kitchens since they lack the time hence rely on fast foods restaurants for food. Also most of us buy lunch at fast food joints since they offer the cheapest meals that can be easily packed too. It is good practice that we effectively utilize our kitchens by creating time in our busy schedules and cook home meals with the best methods so as to have healthy meals. We should also have hot pots and lunch boxes so as we carry homemade lunch to our working places, this will save the lunch and also keep off excess fat.
Sometimes making meal plans for weight reduction may be difficult due to addiction to junk foods like chocolate, ice cream, French fries, burgers, soda and cake. If you can’t keep off junk foods then take very small portions of them, if you eat them so as to get proteins (steak, burgers and meat breads) you can look for alternative sources of proteins like beans. Reduce on the amount of ice cream so that you don’t consume a lot of sugars, or you can have ice creams prepared by honey to reduce the amount of sugar you take, reduce the amount of calories you take by reducing the amount of bread in burgers or sharing a fast food meal.