Archive for December 22nd, 2011
Red meat such as beef and pork, are considered to be high in fats and calorie levels. Most preferred of the meats are the white meats like chicken and fish that have low calories. Though red meats are not recommended to persons yearning to loose weight, there are still ways to make sure that those people enjoy the meat. There are various recipes that you can prepare, but it is highly recommended that you use lean beef. In the menu you have the beef and black bean noodles recipe.
- About 400g Singapore Noodles
- 500g Beef (fillet)
- 1 Onion sliced or cut into wedges
- 2 teaspoon garlic
- 2 teaspoon ginger
- 120g black bean sauce
- 200g broccoli
- 2 tablespoon Peanut Oil
- 1 red capsicum
- Place the noodles in a heat-proof bowl and place inside boiling water for around 2mins. Drain out the water and keep about 1 cup of the water aside.
- Simmer the broccoli until half cooked in one cup of water. Put water aside.
- Fry the onion and red capsicum for about 2mins, then add garlic, broccoli, and beef, black bean sauce, and noodles in that order until they mix well.
- Now you are ready to serve
The above are very simple steps that you can follow and make sure your food is both tasty and has low calories. The recipe will also ensure that while you get to slim you do not part with beef meat. Beef and rice also go well together and there is every reason why you should have a recipe that will enable you to find the benefits of beef in terms of weight loss. There is beef stroganoff that is very low on fats.
- 350g meat
- 3 teaspoons oil
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons White flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- quarter teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 2 tablespoon parsley
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- About ¾ teaspoon paprika
- 150g button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons Sauce
- 300g low calories plain yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 400g Steamed White Rice
- Use the flour to cover the beef all round
- Place the onions and the paprika in a frying pan and brown them for about 5mins with the oil. Then add the mushrooms to the mixture and cook on low heat for about three minutes while continuously stirring. Remove the contents and pour them in a plate.
- Using the remaining oil, fry the meat that is in fillets form, adding the pepper and salt to taste. One by one, remove the fillets onto a plate. Give each fillet strip about one minute each on the frying pan just to brown them.
- After removing all the meat strips from the pan put everything back in the pan together with the sauce and brandy and stir well to mix.
- Let the mixture steam on low heat and then add the remaining ingredients i.e. the yoghurt, the tomato puree, Dijon Mustard, the lemon juice and parsley. Make sure you stir them well to mix.
- Serve while hot.